Isabelle Yamamoto – Empreintes & Matières, independent company whose registered office is located at Rue Berkendael 88, boîte 3 – 1190 Brussels, Belgium and which is registered under the trade number 0735 943 354, offers textiles and home decoration products.
These general terms and conditions of sale (hereinafter referred to as “GTC”) are applicable to any sale made by Isabelle Yamamoto to the Customer and detail the rights and obligations of each party.
The Customer’s order of a textile creation or decorative items from Isabelle Yamamoto implies and entails the Customer’s unreserved acceptance of these GTC.
They shall prevail over any previous condition of sale as well as over any clause and condition of purchase that the Customer may have. They may only be overridden by any special conditions that may have been agreed between Isabelle Yamamoto and the Customer.
These GTC are reserved for buyers who are natural persons of legal age, non-traders, with the legal capacity to contract and the status of consumers, as defined by law and jurisprudence, acting exclusively on their own behalf.
The products offered by Isabelle Yamamoto are handcrafted / handmade and all unique creations, made from vintage fabrics, second-hand material that have traces of time, scratches or other defects due to their age and do not necessarily correspond to the prescriptions and safety standards in force and are sold in the state described in the detailed product sheet.
The products offered for sale are each described in a description that mentions their essential characteristics.
The photographs and texts illustrating the products have only an indicative value and have no contractual value. In case of error or omission, Isabelle Yamamoto cannot be held responsible.
The product offers and their prices are valid as long as they are online, within the limits of available stocks. If a product ordered is not available, Isabelle Yamamoto will inform the Customer as soon as possible by e-mail, telephone or Instagram message. The Customer may request a refund of the product or receive a voucher based on the invoiced price. Isabelle Yamamoto cannot be held responsible for the unavailability of a product after it has been ordered.
The sale prices for each of the products are indicated in euros, including all taxes, unless otherwise indicated, and excluding processing and delivery charges.
The price of the products will be the one stipulated at all times on the website.
The total amount due by the Customer is indicated on the order confirmation page, together with the delivery and shipping costs. The selling price of the product is the one in force on the day of the order.
Isabelle Yamamoto reserves the right to modify its prices at any time, but the product will be invoiced on the basis of the rate in effect at the time the order is validated and subject to availability.
In the event of a price promotion, Isabelle Yamamoto undertakes to apply the promotional price to any order placed during the period in which the promotion is advertised.
In the event of an order to a country other than the Benelux or the ECC, customs duties, local taxes, import duties or state taxes may be payable and are the sole responsibility of the Customer. Isabelle Yamamoto advises the Customer to inquire about these aspects with the relevant authorities and declines all responsibility in this respect.
All orders placed with Isabelle Yamamoto, regardless of their origin, are payable in Euros.
4. Reservation of ownership - Transfer of risks
The transfer of ownership of the products to the Customer will only take place after full payment of the price by the latter, regardless of the date of delivery of the said products.
If the Customer entrusts the delivery of the ordered products to the carrier proposed by Isabelle Yamamoto, the risk of loss or damage to the products is transferred to the Customer at the time the Customer takes physical possession of the goods.
If the Customer entrusts the delivery of the products to a carrier other than the one proposed by Isabelle Yamamoto, the risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to the Customer when the goods are handed over to the carrier.
In order to place an order with Isabelle Yamamoto, the Customer must proceed as follows:
- Either contact Isabelle Yamamoto directly by the means of telecommunication at his disposal or via the website : www.isabelleyamamoto.com by using the services of the online sales platform on which the products appeared.
- In all cases, before finally confirming the order, the Customer has the opportunity to check the details and total price of the order and to correct any errors.
- The order is only definitively registered once the Customer has validated his/her payment agreement and Isabelle Yamamoto has accepted the transaction.
- As soon as the order has been validated, the Customer will receive a confirmation e-mail containing the essential elements of the order, in particular the order number, the list of products ordered, the detailed price and the delivery charges.
- Any modification of the order by the Customer after confirmation of the order is subject to acceptance Isabelle Yamamoto
- All the data provided by the customer during the ordering process and the recorded confirmation of this order are considered as proof of the transaction.
- Isabelle Yamamoto cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from erroneous or incomplete data provided by the Customer, particularly as regards his/her physical and electronic contact details.
- Isabelle Yamamoto reserves the right to refuse any order from a customer for legitimate reasons and more particularly if the quantities of products ordered are abnormally high for buyers who are consumers, or if there is a previous dispute concerning an unpaid order.
The price is payable in full after confirmation of the order.
Unless special conditions have been agreed upon between the Customer and Isabelle Yamamoto, payment shall be made immediately upon ordering by credit card: The order will be processed upon receipt of the payment in the bank. The price must be paid in full at the time of ordering.
All orders will be processed within three days of payment of the order at the latest. In case of damage or loss, the customer will be informed as soon as possible and will have the possibility to cancel the order. He/she will have the choice either to ask for a full refund of the amount paid within thirty days at the latest, or to exchange it for another item of the same value.
An invoice is sent by email to the Customer and can be consulted and downloaded in the customer area under the heading “Invoice”.
- Isabelle Yamamoto will carefully process your order and arrange for your package to be delivered right to your doorstep.
- The price and delivery time will be communicated to the Customer when the order is placed.
- Delivery charges depends on the amount of the order, the size and weight of the package and the delivery method chosen by the Customer.
- The order must be paid in full before shipment.
- In any case, the amount of the delivery charges is indicated to the Customer before the validation of the order.
- We currently use DHL or Bpost (Belgium Post).
- The customer may also arrange for the delivery of the products ordered by the carrier of his choice. In this case, Isabelle Yamamoto cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to the goods during transport.
- More information about products with different shipping methods will be communicated below each product. To other countries, the shipping costs will be indicated during the order process, right before payment.
- The ordered products are delivered to the address indicated by the Customer at the time of the order. The delivery address must be the residence address of the Customer, of a natural person of his choice or of a legal entity (delivery in company). The delivery cannot be made to hotels or post office boxes.
- When registering the personal details of the Customer, the latter must ensure the accuracy and completeness of the mandatory data he/she provides. The Customer is solely responsible for any failure to deliver due to inaccuracy or lack of information when placing the order.
- Delivery times are given as an indication at the time of the order and start to run from the moment Isabelle Yamamoto confirms the order.
- As indicative, Benelux orders are generally delivered within 2-3 days. Orders to other European countries are delivered within 2-6 days and to the rest of the world it will take 5-12 days, depending on the carrier chosen. You can follow your order at any time using the tracking number sent to you by e-mail once your order is shipped.
In case you are not home at the moment of delivery, the carrier will leave a notice.
- If after two attempts to make the delivery, it is impossible to carry it out, the customer will be informed of the closest collection point where they can collect the package. In the case of not being at the place of delivery on the agreed date and time, we ask that you contact us to agree on a new delivery date.
Delay in delivery
- In the event of late delivery, the order will not be cancelled.
- If for any reason the agreed delivery date could not be met, Isabelle Yamamoto will inform the Customer by e-mail that the delivery will be delayed and the client will be given the option to continue with the order establishing a new delivery date, or the cancellation of the same with the full refund of the amount paid. It should be noted that deliveries will not be made on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays.
- The delay can be a consequence of the following situations:
- Personalization or customization of the products;
- Assumptions of major cause;
- Unforeseen circumstances of an exceptional nature;
- Delivery area.
For the purposes of these Conditions, delivery will be understood to have occurred at the time of signing the receipt of the products at the agreed delivery address.
8. Transfer of risk and ownership
Both the risk of the Products and their property will be acquired by the customer when the seller receives the full payment of the amount resulting from the purchase process, or at the time of delivery of the product.
9. Right of withdrawal
The Customer has a 14 working days deadline to retract without reason and to turn over, with his expenses, the articles not being appropriate to him. This period runs from the day of receipt of the order by the Customer.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, the Customer must first notify Isabelle Yamamoto of his unambiguous decision. He may use the withdrawal form attached to these GTC. The burden of proof for exercising the right of withdrawal lies with the Customer.
In the event of exercising the right of withdrawal, the product must be returned by registered carrier with insurance and any means of guaranteeing its value in the event of loss or breakage.
Information and proof of shipment must be provided to Isabelle Yamamoto by the Customer. Return and shipping costs are at the Customer’s expense.
The returned product must be returned within 14 days of the Customer notifying Isabelle Yamamoto of his/her decision to withdraw.
After this 14-day period, if the return shipment has not been made by the Customer, the exercise of the right of withdrawal is no longer valid and is cancelled, and the product then becomes the property of the Customer. Only products returned in their entirety, in their original packaging, complete and intact (without breakage, cracks, etc.), and in perfect condition for resale will be accepted. Any product that has been damaged, modified, or whose original packaging has been damaged, will not be refunded or exchanged.
Refunds will be made no later than 14 days from the day Isabelle Yamamoto is informed of the decision to withdraw. Isabelle Yamamoto may, however, postpone the refund until the goods have been recovered or until the Customer has provided proof of shipment of the goods, whichever comes first.
Refunds will be made using the same payment method used for the original transaction. With the express agreement of the Customer, another method may be used. In any case, this refund will not cause any additional costs for the Customer.
10. Damaged goods
If your item(s) appear to be damaged please send a photo of the damage, box, and item label along with your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Damaged goods must be reported immediately upon receipt of goods. However, please note that most of our products are hand-made and therefore each possess unique characteristics. Small imperfections are often inherent to the materials we used and worked with and are what makes each piece unique.
Isabelle Yamamoto cannot be held liable in the event of non-performance or improper performance of the contract due either to the Customer’s fault, or to the insurmountable and unforeseeable fault of a third party to the contract, or to force majeure.
12. Intellectual property
All elements appearing on Isabelle Yamamoto’s communication media are its exclusive property and are protected by copyright, trademark law and unfair competition law. Any reproduction or distribution of these elements without prior and express authorization from Isabelle Yamamoto will expose the offenders to legal proceedings.
Photographs and texts remain the sole property of Isabelle Yamamoto, even after the sale of the products offered, with the exception of the photos and illustrations used in the various pages and other historical explanations, which remain the sole property of their respective authors.
14. Processing of personal data
When Isabelle Yamamoto processes its customers’ personal data and determines the purposes and means of processing such data, it is the data controller in accordance with the regulations in force.
In this capacity, it informs the Customer that the personal information it collects via the order form (i.e. surname, first name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank details, etc.) is recorded in its customer file and is mainly used for the proper management of relations with the Customer and the processing of orders.
The personal information collected will be kept for as long as necessary to process the Customer’s order unless:
A longer retention period is authorized or imposed by a legal or regulatory provision;
The Customer has exercised, under the conditions set out below, one of the rights granted to him by the legislation.
Access to personal data is strictly limited to Isabelle Yamamoto employees who are authorized to process them by virtue of their duties.
15. Applicable law and litigation
The sales contract between the Customer and Isabelle Yamamoto as well as the present GTC governing it are subject to Belgium law.
In case you have any questions about these Legal Conditions or want to make any comment about this website, you can send an email to following the address: email@example.com